Summary - Tubular Orthoses and Bandages used in orthopaedics/degenerative rheumatology/traumatology
To assess the therapeutic benefit of tubular orthoses and bandages for use in orthopaedics/traumatology/rheumatology, taking account of the therapeutic effect/undesirable effect ratio of these products, their place in therapeutic strategy and their public health benefit. Finally, this assessment aims to set out guidelines on their indications with a view to reimbursement, specifying procedures for their use and prescription if appropriate.
The working method included a Formal Consensus of Experts (Consensus Formalisé d’experts, CFE), a systematic review of the literature, the analysis of files submitted by manufacturers and the consultation of experts in two distinct groups of healthcare professionals (a steering group and a rating group, the latter allowing the formal consensus to be produced).
Manufacturers and paying agencies were consulted during the assessment.
The CNEDiMTS recommends to renew the reimbursement of tubular orthoses and bandages used in orthopaedics/rheumatology/traumatology and the current nomenclature. This amendment involves simplifying the product specifications and stating the procedures for prescription, dispensation and use. Information on individual types of tubular orthoses and bandages has been set out, with guidelines for use.
- Rapport d'évaluation sur les Dispositifs de Compression/Contention médicale à usage individuel - Utilisation en Orthopédie/Rhumatologie/Traumatologie
- Dispositifs de Compression/Contention médicale à usage individuel - Annexes du rapport
- Dispositifs de Compression/Contention médicale à usage individuel - Texte court
- Summary - Tubular Orthoses and Bandages used in orthopaedics/degenerative rheumatology/traumatology
- Dispositifs de Compression/Contention médicale à usage individuel - Avis de la HAS du 10 juillet 2012