Management of a patient with an abnormal cervical smear - 2002 update
The aims of this update report are:
- to present the 2001 update of the Bethesda system,
- to compare the performance of the cervical smear in liquid-based medium to that of the conventional Papanicolaou smear,
- to assess the HPV test in terms of its reliability and its place in a management strategy after a cytological abnormality has been detected.
This report does not address ways and means of routine cervical smear screening for cervical cancer, nor the use of the HPV test as a screening tool for cervical cancer.
- Frottis cervico-utérin - 2002 - Synthèse des recommandations.pdf ( 93.98 KB)
- Frottis cervico-utérin - 2002 - Recommandations.pdf ( 234.37 KB)
- Abnormal cervical smear - 2002 update - Guidelines.pdf ( 63.26 KB)