HAS' missions are defined by government decree (see Legal texts). Currently, its main missions are:
- To provide health authorities with the information needed to make decisions on the reimbursement of medical products and services.
- To encourage good practices and the proper use of health services by professionals and users.
- To improve quality of care in health care organisations and in general medical practice.
- To provide information for the public and generally improve the quality of medical information.
There are also several auxiliary activities to support the implementation of the above missions (see Support activities)
- Annual report 2011 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 856.19 KB)
- Annual report 2010 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 1.45 MB)
- HAS Programme of activities 2010 - English version ( 400.16 KB)
- Annual report 2009 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 1.43 MB)
- Annual report 2008 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 425.18 KB)