The main duties of the HAS Board are to :
- conceive the strategic plan that will guarantee the accomplishment of HAS' missions,
- oversee and evaluate the plan's success,
- annually approve the organization's budget and accounts, including loans and investment of reserves,
- approve the bylaws of the Specialist Committees,
- establish policies that will prevent perceived, potential, or actual conflict of interest.
It is accountable for the rigour and impartiality of HAS' opinions and recommendations.
The HAS Board has 8 members. Board membership reflects the diversity of the organization's missions. Board members are appointed by the President of the Republic, National Assembly, Senate and by the Economic and Social Council. Their mandate is for a period of 6 years, renewable once. Membership of half the Board is renewed every 3 years. Each board member is under an obligation to disclose all material facts and relationships that might constitute a conflict of interest.
Each Board member, except the Chair, heads a Specialist Committee.The current Chair of the Board is Pr Jean-Luc Harousseau.
- Annual report 2008 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 425.18 KB)
- Annual report 2009 - Summary - Haute Autorité de Santé ( 1.43 MB)