HIV infection screening in France - Laboratory tests and algorithms
Date de validation
These public health guidelines had two main objectives : - to assess the relevance of modifying the methods for HIV infection screening and laboratory algorithms and to establish the role of RST - to assess the possible changes in screening strategies.
These conclusions form the first part of the public health guidelines on HIV infection screening, drafted by the Haute Autorité de Santé at the request of the Directorate General for Health. They relate to the methods for carrying out HIV infection screening tests. A second part will deal with the relevance of developing screening strategies and the screening programme in France. While the division made has attempted in particular to meet the specific expectations expressed about the issue of rapid screening tests, the technological approach to the screening tests and the methods for carrying them out cannot be separated from the more general strategic framework for HIV infection screening.
These conclusions include, on the one hand, guidelines on the methods for HIV infection screening and laboratory diagnosis in adults and children aged over 18 months and, on the other hand, guidelines and guidance on the role of rapid screening tests as part of the strategies for HIV infection screening and laboratory diagnosis.
In this report can be found : - an overview of current HIV screening tests and strategies, - an assessment of the performance of screening tests through a systematic review, - an assessment of the performance of screening tests in case of resent exposure, - an assessement of the performance, acceptability and efficiency of RST through a systematic review, and an analysis of current practices in developed countries and experimentation in France.
- Recommandations - Dépistage de l'infection par le VIH en France - Modalités de réalisation des tests de dépistage ( 95.83 KB)
- Argumentaire Dépistage de l’infection par le VIH en France - Modalités de réalisation des tests de dépistage ( 1.32 MB)
- HIV infection screening in France - Laboratory tests and algorithms - conclusions ( 102.59 KB)
For more information
- HIV infection screening in France - Screening Strategies
- Strategies for laboratory diagnosis of HIV infections in subjects aged over 18 months (excluding screening of blood donations and screening of organ or tissue donors)
- ALD n° 7 - Infection par le virus de l'immunodéficience humaine (VIH)
- N° 9 - Focus