Rapid assessment method for assessing medical and surgical procedures
The recommendations, issued by the HAS, generally address the following aspects for an HTA report:
- target population, positioning of the procedure in the clinical pathway, efficacy, safety, clinical outcomes, quality of life;
- Impact on the global health burden (mortality, morbidity);
- Unmet medical needs;
- Potential impact on public health policies and programmes.
The method used by HAS, to issue a recommendation, is based on the analysis of:
- identified published data on the topics listed above;
- health professionals and stakeholder opinion.
The work is coordinated by an HAS project manager ensuring compliance with HAS methodology.