FLUENZ TETRA, tetravalent vaccine against seasonal influenza in children
INFECTIOLOGY - NEW MEDICINAL PRODUCT
Opinions on drugs - Posted on Sep 17 2015
Reason for request
- FLUENZ TETRA is a live attenuated, nasal vaccine with Marketing Authorisation in the prevention of influenza in children and adolescents aged between 24 months and 18 years.
- This is the first approved vaccine containing four influenza vaccine strains, two of type A (H1N1 and H3N2) and two of type B (Yamagata and Victoria), i.e. an additional type B strain compared with the available trivalent influenza vaccines.
- No clinical benefit over other vaccines has been demonstrated as a result of this addition.
- The immunogenicity of FLUENZ TETRA is non-inferior to that of the trivalent formulation FLUENZ.
- The addition of a second virus B strain is not expected to benefit public health.
Clinical Added Value
|no clinical added value||
Évaluation des médicaments
HAS opinions and decisions