The Technical Committee on Vaccinations (CTV), created March 22nd, 2017 is entrusted with a 3-year mandate to carry out new vaccination assignments at HAS (under Article 4 of the Law No 2017-220 of February 23rd, 2017). The CTV will be resuming the tasks previously undertaken by the Technical Committee on Vaccinations at the French High Council of Public Health.
In accordance with HAS’ activity in supporting public authorities in vaccination policy-making, the committee is tasked with preparing the HAS’ Board deliberations, particularly with regards to:
- Vaccine recommendations, including urgent requests originating from the Ministry of Health;
- French Vaccination schedule set by the Ministry of Health;
- Minimal disclosures required in publicity campaigns for vaccines.
The CTV collaborates with both the Transparency Committee and the Economic and Public Health Evaluation Committee in the preparation of opinions issued on vaccines.
The CTV also provides the HAS Board with the necessary methodological tools for carrying out its assignments on vaccinations.
The CTV is composed of 24 members with voting rights, appointed by the HAS Board for a 3-year term.
- A president, and three vice-presidents, appointed by the members of the HAS Board;
- Healthcare professionals specialized in the fields of pediatry, infectiology, vaccinology, biology, methodology and epidemiology, health economics and public health;
- A representative of patient associations and healthcare users;
The CTV also includes members, in an advisory role, representatives of Ministries and others national regulatory and public health agencies
Recruitment is still open and in progress for specialists in additional medical fields.